Shreveport in Caddo Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
— Shreveport —
Built 1899 by John A. Sewall, Jr., grandson of Gen. Charles Albert Sewall, Army engineer who helped Shreve clear Red River log jam. Sewall's brother, John O. Sewall, was Shreveport's first mayor.
Erected by Shreveport-Bossier Convention and Tourist Bureau.
Location. 32° 29.773′ N, 93° 44.665′ W. Marker is in Shreveport, Louisiana, in Caddo Parish. Marker is on Irving Place south of Herndon Street, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1705 Irving Place, Shreveport LA 71101, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Eglin House (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Old Agudath Achim Synagogue (about 500 feet away); Woman's Department Club (about 600 feet away); Shreveport Little Theatre (about 600 feet away); Davidson House (about 700 feet away); Lewis House (about 700 feet away); Line Avenue School (approx. 0.2 miles away); St. George Greek Orthodox Church (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Shreveport.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Sewall House.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 20, 2019. This page originally submitted on October 20, 2019, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 48 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 20, 2019, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana.