Sante Fe Depot
The present two-story red brick station was completed in 1903 and housed passenger service, mail service, "Harvey House" restaurant, news stand, employee living quarters and offices.
Erected 1980 by Donald W. Reynolds Foundation.
Location. 35° 52.675′ N, 97° 25.764′ W. Marker is in Guthrie, Oklahoma, in Logan County. Marker is on West Oklahoma Avenue 0.1 miles west of South 2nd Street, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Guthrie City Hall (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Bonfils Building (about 500 feet away); Office of E.P. McCabe (about 600 feet away); U. S. Government Land Office (about 600 feet away); Reeves Brothers Casino (about 600 feet away); De Ford Building (about 600 feet away); Post Office (about 600 feet away); Oklahoma Daily State Capital (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Guthrie.
Regarding Sante Fe Depot. The depot on the east side of the tracks on Guthrie's west side was constructed in 1903. It is 185 ft. long and 85 ft. wide at its widest point. Different from most frame depots of its time, this is a red brick depot, with a 2-story section at the center and single story wings on each side
Categories. • Railroads & Streetcars •
More. Search the internet for Sante Fe Depot.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 30, 2019. This page originally submitted on October 30, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 39 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 30, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.