Shreveport in Caddo Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South-Central)
Old Agudath Achim Synagogue
— Shreveport —
Built 1938 for Agudath Achim Orthodox Jewish Congregation which occupied it from 1939 to 1980. Art Deco in style, the building was designed by Seymor Van Os.
Erected by Shreveport-Bossier Convention and Tourist Bureau.
Location. 32° 29.768′ N, 93° 44.756′ W. Marker is in Shreveport, Louisiana, in Caddo Parish. Marker is at the intersection of Line Avenue and Margaret Place, on the right when traveling west on Line Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1707 Line Avenue, Shreveport LA 71101, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Woman's Department Club (within shouting distance of this marker); Shreveport Little Theatre (within shouting distance of this marker); Sewall House (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Eglin House (about 600 feet away); Line Avenue School (about 600 feet away); Lewis House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Davidson House (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Presbyterian Church (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Shreveport.
More about this marker. Currently houses the Rutherford House.
Categories. • Architecture • Churches & Religion •
More. Search the internet for Old Agudath Achim Synagogue.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 3, 2019. This page originally submitted on November 3, 2019, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 45 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 3, 2019, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana.