Near Mechanicsville in Hanover County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Battle of Cold Harbor
Main Line of Anderson’s Left Wing
Erected by Battlefield Markers Association. (Marker Number 28.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Freeman Markers (Richmond Battlefields) series list. A significant historical date for this entry is May 31, 1845.
Location. 37° 36.8′ N, 77° 17.984′ W. Marker is near Mechanicsville, Virginia, in Hanover County. Marker is on Walnut Grove Road, 0.1 miles east of Colts Neck Road, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Mechanicsville VA 23111, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Cold Harbor Campaign (approx. 0.9 miles away); a different marker also named Cold Harbor Campaign (approx. 0.9 miles away); a different marker also named Battle of Cold Harbor (approx. 0.9 Battle of Cold Harbor (approx. 1.1 miles away); Battle Of Bethesda Church (approx. 1.1 miles away); "Liberty Hall" (approx. 1.4 miles away); June 3, 1864 — 18th Corps: A Disastrous Attack (approx. 1˝ miles away); Cold Harbor: The Early Actions (approx. 1˝ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mechanicsville.
Also see . . .
1. Cold Harbor Battlefield. Civil War Preservation Trust listed the battlefield as on of the most endangered sites in 2008. (Submitted on December 8, 2008, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
2. Battle of Cold Harbor. (Submitted on December 8, 2008, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
Additional keywords. reeman Markers, Richmond Battlefield Parks Corporation, Douglas Southall Freeman
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on December 8, 2008, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,441 times since then and 46 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 8, 2008, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.