Clarksville in Albany County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Bogardus for Henry L. Meed, first
postmaster of Bethlehem P.O.
from 1812-1826. P.O. was here.
Bethlehem supervisor 1821-1822
Erected by New Scotland Historical Association.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1810.
Location. 42° 34.556′ N, 73° 57.842′ W. Marker is in Clarksville, New York, in Albany County. Marker is at the intersection of Delaware Turnpike (New York State Route 443) and Tarrytown Road, on the left when traveling east on Delaware Turnpike. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2064 Delaware Turnpike, Clarksville NY 12041, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Harmanus Bogardus House / Blacksmith Shop (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Clark House (about 600 feet away); Site of the Battle of Clarksville (approx. half a mile away); Houghtaling House (approx. 0.9 miles away); David Allen House (approx. 1.7 miles away); Lime Kiln Farm (approx. 1.7 miles away); Slingerland House 1762 (approx. 2.1 miles away); Slingerland-Lagrange Farm (approx. 2.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Clarksville.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 12, 2019. It was originally submitted on November 10, 2019, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. This page has been viewed 70 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 10, 2019, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. • Michael Herrick was the editor who published this page.