Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Felton in Kent County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Laws Chapel

 
 
Laws Chapel Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Don Morfe, November 10, 2019
1. Laws Chapel Marker
Inscription.  In 1802, Joshua Laws donated this land for the construction of a Methodist Episcopal chapel. Named in honor of Laws, the church served the local community until 1856 when a new building was constructed. Following a period of inactivity in the mid-twentieth century, the property was purchased in 1953 by Mennonites from the Greenwood area. The chapel was remodeled and enlarged in 1975. In December 2014, the interior of the church was damaged by fire. One year later, a restored Laws Chapel was dedicated on December 6, 2015.
 
Erected 2016 by Delaware Public Archives. (Marker Number KC-120.)
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Delaware Public Archives series list. A significant historical month for this entry is December 2014.
 
Location. 38° 58.704′ N, 75° 30.018′ W. Marker is in Felton, Delaware, in Kent County. Marker is on Carpenter Bridge Road. At the intersection with Canterbury Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4874 Carpenter Bridge Road, Felton DE 19943, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this
Laws Chapel Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Don Morfe, November 10, 2019
2. Laws Chapel Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
marker, measured as the crow flies. Geographic Center of Delaware (approx. 3 miles away); Captain Jonathan Caldwell (approx. 3.8 miles away); Barratt's Chapel (approx. 3.9 miles away); a different marker also named Barratt's Chapel (approx. 3.9 miles away); Colonel John Haslet (approx. 4½ miles away); Rescue House of Prayer (approx. 4½ miles away); Town of Felton (approx. 4.6 miles away); Honor and Remember (approx. 4.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Felton.
 
Laws Chapel Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Don Morfe, November 10, 2019
3. Laws Chapel Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on November 13, 2019. It was originally submitted on November 12, 2019, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 72 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on November 12, 2019, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=142541

Paid Advertisements
 
 

Jul. 1, 2022