Hot Springs in Garland County, Arkansas — The American South (West South Central)
201 Central Avenue
The Howe Hotel
Constructed in 1926 the Howe Hotel was significant in the late 1920's. Roof garden on 8th floor while the 2nd floor housed a bath house. Served as an important redistribution center for troops in World War II.
Location. 34° 31.065′ N, 93° 3.269′ W. Marker is in Hot Springs, Arkansas, in Garland County. Marker is at the intersection of Central Avenue (State Highway 7) and Canyon Court, on the left when traveling south on Central Avenue. The marker is mounted to the front of the DeSoto Rock & Gift Shop. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 201 Central Avenue, Hot Springs, AR, 71901, Hot Springs National Park AR 71901, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Site of the Founding Convention Assemblies of God April 2-12, 1914 (within shouting distance of this marker); 126 (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); 122 (about 300 feet away); Stan Musial (about 700 feet away); Al Simmons (about 700 feet away); Hiram Abiff Whittington (about 304 (approx. 0.2 miles away); 308 (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hot Springs.
Also see . . . The De Soto Hotel. De Soto Hotel was the second name of this site. This detailed description is in the site, "Abandoned Arkansas," (Submitted on April 9, 2017, by Steve Masler of Memphis, Tennessee.)
Categories. • Architecture • War, World II •
More. Search the internet for 201 Central Avenue.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 26, 2019. This page originally submitted on April 9, 2017, by Steve Masler of Memphis, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 258 times since then and 2 times this year. Last updated on November 26, 2019, by Steve Masler of Memphis, Tennessee. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 9, 2017, by Steve Masler of Memphis, Tennessee. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.