Shreveport in Caddo Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
— Shreveport —
Designed as his own residence by John Y. Snyder in 1902. Snyder was a prominent area architect and a geologist of national importance. This house, which once had a wide front porch, is the last remaining residence on Fairfield north of Olive.
Erected by Shreveport-Bossier Convention and Tourist Bureau.
Location. 32° 29.597′ N, 93° 45.098′ W. Marker is in Shreveport, Louisiana, in Caddo Parish. Marker is on Fairfield Avenue south of St. Mary Place, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1905 Fairfield Avenue, Shreveport LA 71101, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Thigpen Mansion (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); Land House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Line Avenue School (approx. 0.3 miles away); Shreveport Little Theatre (approx. 0.4 miles away); Woman's Department Club (approx. 0.4 miles away); First Presbyterian Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); Old Agudath Achim Synagogue Barret Place (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Shreveport.
Categories. • Architecture • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Snyder House.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 28, 2019. This page originally submitted on November 28, 2019, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 50 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 28, 2019, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana.