Shreveport in Caddo Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South-Central)
C.E. Byrd High School
— Shreveport —
Built 1925 as New Shreveport High School. Re-named 1926 in memory of prominent local educator Dr. Clifton Ellis Byrd, who laid the building's cornerstone. Listed in National Register of Historic Places, 1991.
Erected by Shreveport-Bossier Convention and Tourist Bureau.
Location. 32° 28.829′ N, 93° 44.757′ W. Marker is in Shreveport, Louisiana, in Caddo Parish. Marker is on Line Avenue south of Kings Highway, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Shreveport LA 71104, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. King's Highway Christian Church (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Moore House (approx. ¼ mile away); Marston House (approx. ¼ mile away); Pine Wold (approx. 0.3 miles away); 530 Kirby Place (approx. 0.4 miles away); Trimble House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Thornhill (approx. 0.4 miles away); Files House (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Shreveport.
Categories. • Education •
More. Search the internet for C.E. Byrd High School.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 22, 2019. This page originally submitted on December 22, 2019, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 30 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 22, 2019, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana.