Near Fort McKavett in Schleicher County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Colonel Black Ranch House
Camilla Black Ranch
Schleicher County, Texas
Built by Col. Wm. L. Black - 1884
Heavy lumber from first hospital
building in Fort McKavett
Marker Erected - 1963 - by CBR & HLJ
Erected 1963 by Texas State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 613.)
Location. 30° 49.634′ N, 100° 7.938′ W. Marker is near Fort McKavett, Texas, in Schleicher County. Marker is on Fort McKavett Cemetery Road (County Road 245) 1.3 miles west of Ranch to Market Road 864, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Eldorado TX 76936, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 1 other marker is within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Site of Fort McKavett (approx. 1.3 miles away).
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
More. Search the internet for Colonel Black Ranch House.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 29, 2019. This page originally submitted on December 29, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. This page has been viewed 35 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 29, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas.