West Bend in Washington County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
West Bend, Wisconsin
This front gable home was typical of many houses built between 1850 and 1925. This property is part of the original plat of the Village of West Bend. It was built in 1893 when Martin and Eva Tuchscherer owned the property.
Washington County, Wisconsin
Erected 2005 by Washington County Landmarks Commission. (Marker Number 04-001.)
Location. Marker has been reported missing. It was located near 43° 25.298′ N, 88° 11.108′ W. Marker was in West Bend, Wisconsin, in Washington County. Marker was on South 7th Avenue ¼ mile south of West Washington Street (Wisconsin Highway 33), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker was at or near this postal address: 218 S 7th Ave, West Bend WI 53095, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this location. James Kneeland House (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Court House Square (approx. 0.2 miles away); Washington County Courthouse Square Bernhard "Ben" C. Ziegler (approx. ¼ mile away); Old Settlers Triangle (approx. ¼ mile away); Washington House (approx. ¼ mile away); Eisenbahn Trail History (approx. ¼ mile away); Stephan F. Mayer Home (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in West Bend.
Categories. • Notable Buildings • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Tuchscherer Residence.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 2, 2020. This page originally submitted on November 6, 2013, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 397 times since then and 6 times this year. Last updated on December 30, 2019, by Devon Polzar of Port Washington, Wisconsin. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 6, 2013, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. 3. submitted on December 30, 2019, by Devon Polzar of Port Washington, Wisconsin. • Mark Hilton was the editor who published this page.