Near Collins in Tattnall County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Cedar Creek Primitive Baptist Church
On April 10, 1854, Frederick Holland (1800-1881) donated 116 acres of land to the Cedar Creek Primitive Baptist Church.
Erected 1957 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 132-2.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list. A significant historical date for this entry is April 10, 1773.
Location. 32° 14.432′ N, 82° 6.069′ W. Marker is near Collins, Georgia, in Tattnall County. Marker is on Cedar Creek Church Road, 0.6 miles Cedar Creek Spur Road, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Collins GA 30421, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are Cobbtown's Beginnings (approx. 3.6 miles away); Old Sunbury Road (approx. 5.1 miles away); a different marker also named Old Sunbury Road (approx. 7.6 miles away); Excelsior and its Academy (approx. 9.4 miles away); Tattnall Campground (approx. 9.6 miles away); Bellville (approx. 9.6 miles away); Oliff, Rushing, Durrence House (approx. 9.9 miles away); Tattnall County (approx. 10.7 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on February 1, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 13, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,585 times since then and 56 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on September 22, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.