Bloomington in Ulster County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
De Witt Mill
De Witt Mill
Erected about 1750 by Col.
Charles De Witt. Flour
ground here for American
army in the Revolution.
Erected 1935 by State Education Department.
Location. 41° 53.239′ N, 74° 2.633′ W. Marker is in Bloomington, New York, in Ulster County. Marker is at the intersection of New York State Route 32 and Dewitt Mill Road (County Route 28), on the right when traveling south on State Route 32. Marker is on northwest quadrant. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Bloomington NY 12411, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. De Witt House (within shouting distance of this marker); White’s Mill (approx. half a mile away); Reformed Protestant Dutch Church (approx. 0.6 miles away); Petrus Van Wagenen (approx. 0.9 miles away); Creeklocks (approx. 1.3 miles away); Newkirk Tavern (approx. 1.8 miles away); First Church (approx. 1.8 miles away); General Washington (approx. 2.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bloomington.
Regarding De Witt Mill.
Also see . . . Charles De Witt. (Submitted on January 1, 2020, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • War, US Revolutionary •
More. Search the internet for De Witt Mill.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 5, 2020. This page originally submitted on January 1, 2020, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. This page has been viewed 30 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 1, 2020, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. • Michael Herrick was the editor who published this page.