Bloomington in Ulster County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Supplied cement for Croton
Reservoir. Whiteport named
to honor Hugh White.
Erected 1935 by State Education Department.
Location. 41° 52.933′ N, 74° 3.054′ W. Marker is in Bloomington, New York, in Ulster County. Marker is on Whiteport Road (Hickory Bush Road) 0.4 miles north of NY Thruway (Interstate 87), on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Bloomington NY 12411, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Reformed Protestant Dutch Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); De Witt Mill (approx. half a mile away); De Witt House (approx. half a mile away); Petrus Van Wagenen (approx. 0.7 miles away); Creeklocks (approx. one mile away); Newkirk Tavern (approx. 1.3 miles away); First Church (approx. 1.3 miles away); Fording Place (approx. 2.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bloomington.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for White’s Mill.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 5, 2020. This page originally submitted on January 1, 2020, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. This page has been viewed 30 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 1, 2020, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. • Michael Herrick was the editor who published this page.