Mohawk in Herkimer County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Mohawk’s First Fire Station
This marker is presented to the village
Alexander Hose Company
in memory of its deceased members and also to mark the location of Mohawk's first fire station.
The bell was installed on the station for use as the village fire alarm
Erected 1971 by Alexander Hose Company.
Location. 43° 0.621′ N, 75° 0.288′ W. Marker is in Mohawk, New York, in Herkimer County. Marker is at the intersection of Columbia Street (New York State Route 28) and South Otsego Street, on the right when traveling south on Columbia Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Mohawk NY 13407, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Mohawk’s First Public School (a few steps from this marker); F.E. Spinner Home (approx. Ľ mile away); Mohawk War Memorial (approx. 0.6 miles away); Trail of Scout (approx. 0.7 miles away); Early Village Burying Ground (approx. 1.3 miles away); General Nicolas Herrhheimer (approx. 1.3 miles away); Fred'ck Staring (approx. 1.3 miles away); 1834 Jail (approx. 1˝ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mohawk.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Mohawk’s First Fire Station.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 9, 2020. This page originally submitted on January 7, 2020, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. This page has been viewed 36 times since then. Photo 1. submitted on January 7, 2020, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. • Michael Herrick was the editor who published this page.