Union Springs in Cayuga County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Constructed early 1840s as a one room school house. Used as a private residence then returned to classroom use. Renovated in 2009.
Erected by William G. Pomeroy Foundation.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. A significant historical year for this entry is 2009.
Location. 42° 50.978′ N, 76° 41.468′ W. Marker is in Union Springs, New York, in Cayuga County. Marker is on Cayuga Street (Route 90) 0.3 miles north of Spring Street Road, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 239 Cayuga Street, Union Springs NY 13160, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Spring Mills (approx. 0.3 miles away); Mill Pond Nature Trail (approx. 0.3 miles away); 1840 Church (approx. 0.4 miles away); Ge-Wa-Ga (approx. half a mile away); Charles Courtney (approx. half a mile away); Frontenac Island (approx. half a mile away); In Memory (approx. half a mile away); Howland School (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Union Springs.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 27, 2020. It was originally submitted on February 25, 2020, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. This page has been viewed 41 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 25, 2020, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. • Michael Herrick was the editor who published this page.