Union Springs in Cayuga County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
for young women
founded on this site in 1863
by George Howland.
Became Union Springs Hotel
& Sanitarium ca. 1886-1900.
Erected 2018 by William G. Pomeroy Foundation. (Marker Number 492.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Education • Industry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1863.
Location. 42° 50.471′ N, 76° 41.534′ W. Marker is in Union Springs, New York, in Cayuga County. Marker is at the intersection of Cayuga Street (New York State Route 90) and Park Street, on the left when traveling south on Cayuga Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Union Springs NY 13160, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Frontenac Island (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Ge-Wa-Ga (about 600 feet away); Charles Courtney (about 600 feet away); 1840 Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Zobedia Alleman (approx. 0.2 miles away); In Memory (approx. Ό mile away); Mill Pond Nature TrailSpring Mills (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Union Springs.
Also see . . . Howland School. (Submitted on February 25, 2020, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York.)
Credits. This page was last revised on February 27, 2020. It was originally submitted on February 25, 2020, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. This page has been viewed 96 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 25, 2020, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. • Michael Herrick was the editor who published this page.