Near Pattison in Waller County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1973 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9374.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1824.
Location. 29° 49.834′ N, 96° 0.345′ W. Marker is near Pattison, Texas, in Waller County. Marker is on Farm to Market Road 1458, 0.1 miles west of Clemons Switch Road, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Brookshire TX 77423, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Stacye Ann Marlin Morgan (approx. 0.7 miles James Tarrant Pattison Homesite (approx. 0.8 miles away); Texas Western Narrow Gauge Depot (approx. one mile away); Judge Edwin Waller (approx. 1.6 miles away); Kellner Townsite (approx. 3.8 miles away); Donigan House (approx. 4.4 miles away); Captain Nathen Brookshire (approx. 4˝ miles away); First Methodist Church of Brookshire (approx. 4˝ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pattison.
More about this marker. Marker is dual dated 1973 and 1995. This probably means it was either refurbished or relocated to this site in 1995.
Also see . . . Best, Isaac - The Handbook of Texas Online. Texas State Historical Association (TSHA) (Submitted on February 26, 2020, by Brian Anderson of Humble, Texas.)
Credits. This page was last revised on February 27, 2020. It was originally submitted on February 26, 2020, by Brian Anderson of Humble, Texas. This page has been viewed 222 times since then and 68 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 27, 2020, by Brian Anderson of Humble, Texas.