Near Homerville in Clinch County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
First Court in Clinch County
Erected 1958 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 032-5.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Government & Politics. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1850.
Location. 31° 2.094′ N, 82° 52.428′ W. Marker is near Homerville, Georgia, in Clinch County. Marker is at the intersection of Georgia Route 37 and North Cemetery Road, on the right when traveling east on State Route 37. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Homerville GA 31634, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Bethany Baptist Church (approx. 5.3 miles away); Clinch Court House (approx. 7.4 miles Clinch County World War II Memorial (approx. 7.4 miles away); Fender Cemetery (approx. 9.6 miles away); Guest Mill Pond (approx. 10.4 miles away); a different marker also named Guest Mill Pond (approx. 10.4 miles away); Burnt Church (approx. 10.4 miles away); Union Church Cemetery (approx. 10.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Homerville.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 26, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 24, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,362 times since then and 10 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on December 24, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide shot of the marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?