Palmetto in Manatee County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Palmetto Historical Park
Heritage Chapel is the only building in the Palmetto Historical Park that is not historic. After searching for an original chapel, it was decided in 1999 to construct a new building approximately the standard size of the original churches in Palmetto and fashioned in the same way. The City of Palmetto and the Palmetto Historical Commission worked together come up with a design for the future church based on the architecture of the first three churches in Palmetto. Therefore our re-designed chapel incorporates aspects o the First Baptist, First Methodist, and First Presbyterian original churches. Today the chapel is available for rental and can be used for private functions, including weddings.
Erected 1999 by The City of Palmetto and the Palmetto Historical.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings.
Location. 27° 30.967′ N, 82° 34.562′ W. Marker is in Palmetto, Florida, in Manatee County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of 10th Avenue West and 6th Street Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 515 10th Ave W, Palmetto FL 34221, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Cypress House Military Museum (a few steps from this marker); 1914 Carnegie Library (a few steps from this marker); Heritage Station Post Office 1880 (within shouting distance of this marker); The Cottage Museum (within shouting distance of this marker); Sugar Kettle (within shouting distance of this marker); The Schoolhouse (within shouting distance of this marker); In Memory Of All Veterans (within shouting distance of this marker); T.P. Winter Building (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Palmetto.
Regarding Heritage Chapel. The Palmetto Historical Park is a step back in time, a tiny village of historical buildings from Palmetto’s past.
The park consists of an 1880’s post office, one-room schoolhouse, and a turn-of-the century cottage sited around a brick-paver circle. The back o the Carnegie Library, built in 1914, sits just off the circle, with a military museum and chapel across the way.
Credits. This page was last revised on March 19, 2020. It was originally submitted on March 16, 2020, by Brandon D Cross of Flagler Beach, Florida. This page has been viewed 169 times since then and 79 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on March 16, 2020, by Brandon D Cross of Flagler Beach, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.