The Ogilvie Water Tower
Extensive restoration and painting of the tower was completed in 1977.
The tower's 24'2" high 50,000 gallon concrete tank is mounted on an 80' cylindrical stand. Both the tand and its supporting column measure 21'6" in diameter, with nine inch think walls. Seven 32 light windows – three on ground level and four at the level of the interior wooden platform – pierce the bottom portion of the tower.
The Ogilvie Water Tower was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on August 18, 1980.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Landmarks. A significant historical year for this entry is 1918.
Location. 45° 49.857′ N, 93° 25.686′ W. Marker is in Ogilvie, Minnesota, in Kanabec County. Marker is on
Other nearby markers. At least 2 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Dala Horse (approx. 6.8 miles away); Kanabec County Courthouse (approx. 7.2 miles away).
More about this marker. Marker is at the base of the water tower, facing southwest.
Also see . . . Ogilvie Watertower on Wikipedia. (Submitted on March 19, 2020, by McGhiever of St Paul, Minnesota.)
Credits. This page was last revised on March 21, 2020. It was originally submitted on March 19, 2020, by McGhiever of St Paul, Minnesota. This page has been viewed 183 times since then and 50 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 19, 2020, by McGhiever of St Paul, Minnesota. • Mark Hilton was the editor who published this page.