Lakeview in Lake County, Oregon — The American West (Northwest)
Oldest Building in Business Section of Lakeview
1887 - Joe Frankl sold land to the Lakeview Bank, the first bank established in Lake County. The owners, P.G. Chrisman & Andy McCallen built this building.
1898 - The Bank of Lakeview, chartered in 1897 by Dr. Bernard Daly, Marius Miller and others, purchased this property from the Lakeview Bank and began their business.
1917 - Favell-Utley Realty Co. purchased property from Bank of Lakeview. (present owners)
Erected 1988 by Lake County Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1887.
Location. 42° 11.439′ N, 120° 20.686′ W. Marker is in Lakeview, Oregon, in Lake County. Marker is on North E Street just south of North 2nd Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lakeview OR 97630, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Balloon Bomb (a few steps from this marker); Post & King Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Oregon Outback Scenic Byway (within shouting distance of this marker); Wilcox BuildingHeryford Building (about 500 feet away); Odd Fellows Bldg. (about 500 feet away); Lake County Veterans Memorial (about 600 feet away); Community Senior Center (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lakeview.
Credits. This page was last revised on March 29, 2020. It was originally submitted on March 22, 2020, by Douglass Halvorsen of Klamath Falls, Oregon. This page has been viewed 63 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 22, 2020, by Douglass Halvorsen of Klamath Falls, Oregon. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.