Northville in Fulton County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Lee Anibal's Law Office
1925 - 1928 • Levi "Lee" Anibal Law Office and Insurance
1929 - 1945 • Mable Anibal (Lee's daughter) Insurance
1945 - 1965 • Tracy H. Howard Insurance
1965 - 1979 • Robert J. Morrison R. J. Morrison Complete Insurance
1979 • Robert L. & David Morrison R. J. Morrison Complete Insurance
Tracy H. Howard born in 1888, moved to Northville in 1924. He was a real estate and insurance agent, a World War 1 veteran, married Julia Partridge. Well respected and active in the community.
Robert J. Morrison, born in Northville, graduated from NCS and Syracuse University, married Imogene Thomas, had 3 sons, was a bomber pilot in the Air Force during WW 2. He was former Mayor of Northville, Commander of the Northville VFW Post and member of the Presbyterian Church and an insurance agent.
Erected by Northville-Northampton Historical Society. (Marker Number 14.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • War, World I • War, World II.
Location. 43° 13.608′ Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 141 North Main Street, Northville NY 12134, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. William F. Barker House (within shouting distance of this marker); Northville War Memorial (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); 5 & 10 Cent Store (about 400 feet away); The Fry Block (about 500 feet away); James A. Cole Block (about 600 feet away); Chimney Swifts of Northville, New York (about 700 feet away); History of Ray Hubbell (approx. 0.4 miles away); Early Settler (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Northville.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. Northville Historical Walking Tour
Also see . . . Northville Historical Walking Tour. The first permanent settlement took place in the late 1780’s. Main Street was surveyed and laid out in 1797. In 1807 only six families lived along Main Street. The village was incorporated in 1873. During the latter half of the nineteenth century, the lumber industry created a boomtown with milling, cooperage, tanning and woodenware industries. (Submitted on April 6, 2020, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Credits. This page was last revised on April 6, 2020. It was originally submitted on April 5, 2020, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 44 times since then. Photos: 1. submitted on April 5, 2020, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on April 6, 2020, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.