Emery in Emery County, Utah — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Emery LDS Church
Utah Historic Site
This church was constructed under the direction of Bishop Alonzo Brinkerhoff. Services were held in the chapel upon its completion in 1900; the dedication was July 17, 1902 by Apostle Rudger Clawson. The church served the town of Emery until 1956 when a multipurpose chapel was dedicated. In 1967 the building was purchased by the city for use as a town meeting and recreation hall.
Erected 1995 by Division of State History.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical date for this entry is July 17, 1902.
Location. 38° 55.455′ N, 111° 14.818′ W. Marker is in Emery, Utah, in Emery County. Marker is on North 100 Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Emery UT 84522, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within 14 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Tunnel Builders (approx. 2˝ miles away); A Place Nobody Wanted (approx. 9.6 miles away); Early Castle Valley (approx. 9.7 miles away); Ferron Academy (approx. 13 miles away); Ferron Pioneers (approx. 13.1 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on April 8, 2020. It was originally submitted on April 8, 2020, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 31 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 8, 2020, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.