Richardson in Collin County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Early Richardson settler A. H. Hill built this home about 1887 at 206 Sherman Street, on what had been railroad property. In 1902 it was purchased by Margaret A. Robberson for her daughter Virginia Bell Robberson (1870-1940). Known as "Miss Belle", Virginia taught school in the home for almost 40 years. The Victorian style residence, which features a distinctive gabled roof and gingerbread ornamentation, was moved to this site in 1979.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1982
Erected 1982 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 6738.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 32° 59.178′ N, 96° 41.957′ W. Marker is in Richardson, Texas, in Collin County. Marker can be reached from North Plano Road. The marker is on the northeast corner of North Plano Road and Lookout Drive, on private property and hidden in a cluster of trees. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2502 N Plano Road, Richardson TX 75082, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this Blewett Cemetery (approx. 2.1 miles away); First Baptist Church of Richardson (approx. 2.3 miles away); Mathews General Store (approx. 2.3 miles away); Plano National Bank / I.O.O.F. Lodge Building (approx. 2.3 miles away); Texas Electric Railway Station (approx. 2.3 miles away); First Christian Church of Plano (approx. 2.3 miles away); Plano High School and Gymnasium (approx. 2.4 miles away); Richardson (approx. 2.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Richardson.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 30, 2020. It was originally submitted on April 29, 2020, by Kayla Harper of Dallas, Texas. This page has been viewed 99 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 29, 2020, by Kayla Harper of Dallas, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.