New Orleans in Orleans Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
Site of the plantation of Louis Bouligny (1781-1862), soldier, planter, statesman. This Faubourg (suburb), laid out in 1834, was bounded by Upperline, General Taylor, Clara, and the river.
Erected 1984 by The Bouligny Foundation.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 29° 55.599′ N, 90° 6.125′ W. Marker is in New Orleans, Louisiana, in Orleans Parish. Marker is on Napoleon Avenue north of St. Charles Avenue, in the median. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: New Orleans LA 70115, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Halfway Station (within shouting distance of this marker); Touro Synagogue (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Academy of the Sacred Heart (about 600 feet away); McDonogh No. 7 Elementary School (approx. 0.3 miles away); Rayne Memorial United Methodist Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); Valence (approx. 0.4 miles away); Gilbert Academy and New Orleans UniversityZimmermann Residence (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Orleans.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 1, 2020. It was originally submitted on May 1, 2020, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 95 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 1, 2020, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana.