Madison in Madison County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
St. Johns Seminary of Learning
(Site of Early Madison County Educational Institutions)
Erected 1971 by Madison Lodge Number 11, Free and Accepted Masons In Cooperation With Department of State, Bureau of Historic Preservation. (Marker Number F-181.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Education • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations. A significant historical year for this entry is 1850.
Location. 30° 28.214′ N, 83° 24.597′ W. Marker is in Madison, Florida, in Madison County. Marker is at the intersection of North Duval Street (Florida Route 145) and Northeast Marion Street, on the right when traveling north on North Duval Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Madison FL 32340, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within Captain Richard G. Bradford (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); Seminole Indian War Blockhouse (approx. 0.2 miles away); Dial-Goza House (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Four Freedoms Monument (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Ellaville Post Office (approx. 0.2 miles away); St. Mary's Episcopal Church (approx. ¼ mile away); W.T. Davis Building (approx. ¼ mile away); City of Madison (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Madison.
Regarding St. Johns Seminary of Learning. The dormitory noted in the text is no longer standing.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 5, 2020. It was originally submitted on May 4, 2020, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. This page has been viewed 42 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 4, 2020, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.