Kyle in Hays County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Old D. A. Young Building
When International & Great Northern Railway came into Kyle, Young and wife, Fannie Elizabeth, moved here from Mountain City.
This 1881 building was given to city of Kyle in 1936 by M. G. Michaelis, Sr., early-day rancher.
Erected 1968 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 10340.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1857.
Location. 29° 59.282′ N, 97° 52.656′ W. Marker is in Kyle, Texas, in Hays County. Marker is at the intersection of Miller Street and South Burleson Street, on the right when traveling west on Miller Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 108 S Burleson St, Kyle TX 78640, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. John Wheeler Bunton (within shouting distance of this marker); Kyle (within shouting distance of this First Baptist Church of Kyle (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Cora Jackman Donalson House (about 700 feet away); The Kyle Auction Oak (about 700 feet away); Lex Word and the Bon Ton (about 700 feet away); Katherine Anne Porter (approx. 0.2 miles away); WPA Projects at Kyle School (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Kyle.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 8, 2020. It was originally submitted on May 8, 2020, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. This page has been viewed 65 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 8, 2020, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas.