Near Gansevoort in Saratoga County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Five Porch Farm
Originally built 1770, this house occupied land that became a British commissary & hospital. It has been restored in stages over the last three centuries.
Erected by Sons of the American Revolution.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Agriculture • War, US Revolutionary.
Location. 43° 10.712′ N, 73° 35.149′ W. Marker is near Gansevoort, New York, in Saratoga County. Marker is on West River Road (County Route 29) half a mile south of Purinton Road, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Gansevoort NY 12831, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fort Miller (approx. one mile away); Duer House (approx. 1.1 miles away); Judge William Duer (approx. 1.2 miles away); Gen. Henry Knox Trail (approx. 1.3 miles away); a different marker also named Fort Miller (approx. 1.3 miles away); Gen. Schuyler's Intrenchments (approx. 1.3 miles away); John McCrea (approx. 1.6 miles away); Gen. Washington (approx. 2.4 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on May 17, 2020. It was originally submitted on May 10, 2020, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. This page has been viewed 45 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 10, 2020, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. • Michael Herrick was the editor who published this page.