Lehi in Utah County, Utah — The American Mountains (Southwest)
In 1917 Merrihew sold the Lehi Drug Store to John Franklin Bradshaw and his brother-in-law, Gerald R. Taylor. In 1919, the Lehi Drug Company traded the Merrihew Building to the Bank of Lehi in exchange for the Lehi Opera House and the Garff Building immediately west. The State Bank of Lehi then moved two doors west into the former Lehi Drug Store. To accommodate the bank's continuous growth, a new addition was built onto the north of the building in August 1930. When the new bank building was completed in 1953, the Merrihew Building became home to Julian's Drug Store.
In 1973 Wes and Geraldine Dalley purchased 98 West Main from the Rockwells. Over the years they maintained a jewelry store and gift shop., Dalley's Tropicals, and a Grandfather Clock emporium. In 1982 the Dalleys obtained a listing for their building on the National Register of Historic Places and commenced a nearly two-decade long project of restoring the stately structure. Geraldine's Gifts of love has been maintained in the elegantly refurbished store since then.
Erected 2001 by Lehi Historical Preservation Commission.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical month for this entry is August 1930.
Location. 40° 23.276′ N, 111° 51.037′ W. Marker is in Lehi, Utah, in Utah County. Marker is at the intersection of West Main Street and North 100 West, on the right when traveling west on West Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 98 West Main Street, Lehi UT 84043, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this markerLehi Memorial Building (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); John Austin Cabin (about 500 feet away); Lehi Relief Society Hall (about 500 feet away); Bishop David Evans (about 600 feet away); Lehi Meeting House (about 800 feet away); Lehi Hotel (approx. ¼ mile away); Utah Southern Railroad Depot (approx. 0.6 miles away); Frank H. Eastmond Park (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lehi.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 16, 2020. It was originally submitted on May 16, 2020, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 41 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 16, 2020, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.