Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Irving in Dallas County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Schulze House

 
 
Schulze House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Kayla Harper, May 23, 2020
1. Schulze House Marker
Inscription.  

In 1912 Charles P. Schulze (1877 - 1957) contracted with builder A. Fred Joffre to construct this one-story cypress-clad bungalow as a residence for himself and his wife, Virginia Tucker (1886 - 1966). Schulze, who owned and operated the Irving Lumber Company, was the brother of Irving co-founder J. O. Schulze. Prominent features of the home include its low hipped roof, broad eaves, and gabled dormer. It remained in the Schulze family until 1975.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1986
 
Erected 1986 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 6878.)
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Architecture.
 
Location. 32° 48.703′ N, 96° 57.011′ W. Marker is in Irving, Texas, in Dallas County. Marker is on South O'Connor Road, on the left when traveling north. The marker is at the Irving Heritage House. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 303 S O'Connor Road, Irving TX 75060, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Joffre-Gilbert House (within shouting distance of this marker);
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
First Baptist Church of Irving (approx. ¼ mile away); City of Irving (approx. 0.4 miles away); St. Luke Catholic Church (approx. half a mile away); Old Kit Cemetery (approx. 1.3 miles away); Kit Community (approx. 1.4 miles away); Site of the Dr. D. W. Gilbert Homestead (approx. 2 miles away); Sowers Cemetery (approx. 2½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Irving.
 
Additional Schulze House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Kayla Harper, May 23, 2020
2. Additional Schulze House Marker
Irving Texas Centennial
Heritage House
The Schulze Home, now known as Heritage House, was constructed in 1912. C.P. Schulze (1877-1957), brother of town co-founder J.O. Schulze, came to Irving in 1905 to take over his brother's lumber company. C.P. married Virginia Tucker (1886-1966) in 1912. The Schulzes reared their two children here, and the house served as a center for civic and social events during the first half of the twentieth century. The couple's heirs, C.P. Schulze, Jr., his wife Catherine, and sister Mary Schulze, I.W.B.S., deeded the house to the city of Irving in 1975 as part of the U.S. bicentennial celebration. The single-story, bungalow style residence is refurbished in the style of the early 1900s.
Schulze House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Kayla Harper, May 23, 2020
3. Schulze House Marker
Schulze House (now called the Irving Heritage House) image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Kayla Harper, May 23, 2020
4. Schulze House (now called the Irving Heritage House)
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on May 27, 2020. It was originally submitted on May 26, 2020, by Kayla Harper of Dallas, Texas. This page has been viewed 201 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on May 26, 2020, by Kayla Harper of Dallas, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=150542

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
U.S. FTC REQUIRED NOTICE: This website earns income from purchases you make after using links to Amazon.com. Thank you.
Paid Advertisements
Feb. 21, 2024