Lakeview in Lake County, Oregon — The American West (Northwest)
Community Senior Center
July 31, 1919 – Contract awarded by the Catholic Church board to A.G. McComb to construct a hospital. Constructed of stone from a quarry near Alturas, CA.
Oct. 1920 – Hospital in use with local managers.
1935 – Sold to a group of five local doctors. Managed by Mary Moon, RN.
1950 – Managed by Mabel McDonald, RN.
Sept. 1970 - Hospital Closed
1974 – Purchased by Lake County. Remodeled into community senior center.
1976 – Opened to public use and senior center.
1978-80 – Further completion of remodeling. Management of senior programs, building facilities and upkeep by local board of directors.
Erected 1992 by Lake County Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant day of the year for for this entry is July 31.
Location. 42° 11.388′ N, 120° 20.832′ W. Marker is in Lakeview, Oregon, in Lake County. Marker is at the intersection of North G Street and Center Street, on the left when traveling north on North G Street. Touch for map Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Odd Fellows Bldg. (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Chandler House (about 300 feet away); Heryford Building (about 400 feet away); Lake County Veterans Memorial (about 400 feet away); Heryford House (about 600 feet away); Wilcox Building (about 600 feet away); Post & King Building (about 700 feet away); Oregon Outback Scenic Byway (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lakeview.
More about this marker. Marker is located next to the front entrance of the senior center.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 30, 2020. It was originally submitted on May 27, 2020, by Douglass Halvorsen of Klamath Falls, Oregon. This page has been viewed 88 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on May 27, 2020, by Douglass Halvorsen of Klamath Falls, Oregon. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.