Polish Settlers
Of White Deer
There they toiled at manual labor. In 1909, in response to White Deer Land Co. offers, they migrated here. Later the colony had additions from Washington State, Nebraska, Wisconsin. Their first Catholic church, completed May 13, 1913, was on this site.
Today their descendants include some of the most outstanding citizens of Texas.
Erected 1966 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 4064.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 35° 26.383′ N, 101° 10.588′ W. Marker is in White Deer, Texas, in Carson County. It is on Main Street north of Bier Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 613 Main St, White Deer TX 79097, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Regionally, this marker is on the Texas Panhandle.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker: White Deer Sacred Heart Catholic Church (here, next to this marker); Sacred Heart Catholic Cemetery (approx. 0.3 miles away); Jackson General Store (approx. 0.4 miles away); White Deer (approx. 0.4 miles away); Hotel at White Deer (approx. half a mile away); First Baptist Church of White Deer (approx. 0.6 miles away); First Presbyterian Church (approx. 0.6 miles away); White Deer United Methodist Church (approx. 0.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in White Deer.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 31, 2020. It was originally submitted on May 31, 2020, by Allen Lowrey of Amarillo, Texas. This page has been viewed 344 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 31, 2020, by Allen Lowrey of Amarillo, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.


