Ludowici in Long County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 091-1.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Science & Medicine • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list.
Location. 31° 42.457′ N, 81° 44.486′ W. Marker is in Ludowici, Georgia, in Long County. Marker is on MacDonald Street. the Courthouse in Ludowici. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Ludowici GA 31316, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers Long County Timeline Mural (approx. ¼ mile away); Historic Roads And Indian Trails (approx. 1.8 miles away); Franklinia Altamaha (approx. 4.8 miles away); The Defense of the Altamaha Bridge (approx. 4.9 miles away); Jones Creek Baptist Church (approx. 5.4 miles away); Doctortown (approx. 6.7 miles away); Walthourville Baptist Church (approx. 7½ miles away); City of Walthourville History (approx. 7.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ludowici.
Also see . . . Long County. New Georgia Encyclopedia, " On August 14, 1920, the state legislature proposed a constitutional amendment to create Long County from Liberty County, one of the original eight Georgia counties established in 1777 from the colonial parishes." (Submitted on January 6, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
Credits. This page was last revised on January 4, 2020. It was originally submitted on January 6, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 912 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on January 6, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.