Belton in Bell County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
(d. April 3, 1941)
Erected 1976 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 2745.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: African Americans. A significant historical year for this entry is 1863.
Location. 31° 3.21′ N, 97° 26.47′ W. Marker is in Belton, Texas, in Bell County. Marker can be reached from Taylors Valley Road, 0.3 miles east of East 6th Avenue (Farm to Market Road 93), on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Belton TX 76513, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Captain Henry T. Waskow (approx. 1.1 miles away); Patriot Way Brick Walk Project (approx. 1.1 miles Patriot Way Brick Walk (approx. 1.2 miles away); Keifer Marshall, Jr. (approx. 1.2 miles away); Site of the Central Manufacturing Co. (approx. 1.2 miles away); Cochran, Blair and Potts Department Store (approx. 1.2 miles away); Mrs. Sarah Ann Hardin-Kelton (approx. 1.3 miles away); Belton Farmers Co-op Gin (approx. 1.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Belton.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 7, 2020. It was originally submitted on June 7, 2020, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. This page has been viewed 200 times since then and 70 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 7, 2020, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas.