Savannah in Chatham County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Washington Fire Company
— 1847 — 1875 —
The Brave Fireman of Fire Station No.1
Who also served as mentors and role models for the youth of the
"Old Fort" section of Savannah
Erected 2007 by City of Savannah.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Charity & Public Work. A significant historical year for this entry is 1878.
Location. 32° 4.691′ N, 81° 5.121′ W. Marker is in Savannah, Georgia, in Chatham County. Marker can be reached from Houston St.reet near East St. Julian Street, in the median. In Washington Square. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Savannah GA 31401, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers The Georgia Medical Society (within shouting distance of this marker); John B. Hohenstein, Sr. (within shouting distance of this marker); Rev’d A. Dale Umbreit (within shouting distance of this marker); A. Douglass Strobhar (within shouting distance of this marker); New World Medical Plants (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Old Pirates House (about 400 feet away); a different marker also named The Georgia Medical Society (about 500 feet away); Old Harbor Light (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Savannah.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 25, 2020. It was originally submitted on January 8, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,045 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on January 8, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.