Dallas in Dallas County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Woodrow Wilson High School
Built in 1927-28 to serve the growing student population in east Dallas, this was the seventh high school in the city. An important example of the period revivals which characterized architecture of the 1920s, this structure reflects the Jacobethan Revival style. Outstanding features include prominent entry bays and stone detailing. Many of the school's graduates have enjoyed successful careers in business, politics, science, sports, and the arts.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1989
Erected 1989 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 6923.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Education.
Location. 32° 48.325′ N, 96° 45.045′ W. Marker is in Dallas, Texas, in Dallas County. Marker is on South Glasgow Drive, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 100 S Glasgow Drive, Dallas TX 75214, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. William B. Lipscomb Elementary School (approx. 0.4 miles away); Cristler-Rodgers House Robert and Marie Stubbs House (approx. 0.6 miles away); Harris-Savage House (approx. 0.7 miles away); The Aldredge House (approx. 0.8 miles away); Swiss Avenue (approx. 0.8 miles away); The Louis Wagner Home (approx. one mile away); Munger Place Methodist Church (approx. 1.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dallas.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 15, 2020. It was originally submitted on June 14, 2020, by Kayla Harper of Dallas, Texas. This page has been viewed 240 times since then and 111 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on June 15, 2020, by Kayla Harper of Dallas, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.