Pittston in Luzerne County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
St. John the Baptist Church
1892 - 2008
— S Panom Bohom —
and their descendants
who worshiped here
and learned to live the
Gospel message of love.
[St. John the Baptist Elementary School image]
1917 - 2004
Roman & Greek Catholic Union (1893)
Merged into the First Catholic Slovak Union (1990)
Erected by Concerned Parishioners, Students, and Friends.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Education. A significant historical year for this entry is 1917.
Location. 41° 19.389′ N, 75° 47.338′ W. Marker is in Pittston, Pennsylvania, in Luzerne County. Marker is at the intersection of William Street (U.S. 11) and Church Street, on the right when traveling west on William Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 16 William Street, Pittston PA 18640, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. War Memorial (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Greater Pittston Coal MinerWorkers in Greater Pittston's Garment Industry (approx. 0.2 miles away); Toni the Tomato Mule (approx. 0.2 miles away); Inspiration Mural (approx. 0.2 miles away); Jenkins' Fort (approx. 0.4 miles away); a different marker also named Jenkins Fort (approx. 0.4 miles away); Christopher Columbus (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pittston.
Also see . . . Saint John the Baptist Elementary School, Pittston at Wikipedia. (Submitted on June 21, 2020, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 21, 2020. It was originally submitted on June 21, 2020, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 47 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 21, 2020, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.