Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Dublin in Wayne County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

John Burney's Carriage Shop

 
 
John Burney's Carriage Shop Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Tom Bosse, June 21, 2020
1. John Burney's Carriage Shop Marker
Inscription.  

Built approx. 1845 by Henry Jackson. Used as Burney's Carriage Shop 1880-91. Restoration work was started in 1978 by Lee and Cassie Lynch assisted by Icel Burchett.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1845.
 
Location. 39° 48.724′ N, 85° 12.134′ W. Marker is in Dublin, Indiana, in Wayne County. Marker is at the intersection of Historic National Road (U.S. 40) and Foundry Street, on the right when traveling east on Historic National Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Dublin IN 47335, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Indiana’s First Woman’s Rights Convention (approx. 0.3 miles away); Huddleston House (approx. 0.8 miles away); Indian Boundary Line (approx. 1.2 miles away); Cambridge City (approx. 1.6 miles away); 1904-1925 "Dinkey" (approx. 1.6 miles away); Cambridge City Veterans Memorial (approx. 1.6 miles away); General Solomon Meredith (approx. 1.7 miles away); Lincoln's Funeral Train (approx. 1.7 miles away).
 
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
John Burney's Carriage Shop Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Tom Bosse, June 21, 2020
2. John Burney's Carriage Shop Marker
John Burney's Carriage Shop Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Tom Bosse, June 21, 2020
3. John Burney's Carriage Shop Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 28, 2020. It was originally submitted on June 27, 2020, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 366 times since then and 187 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on June 27, 2020, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=152011

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Jul. 20, 2024