Belton in Bell County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Mrs. Sarah Ann Hardin-Kelton
before her marriage to
Dr. O.P. Kelton
Many of the Mexican officers
and men were placed in the
care of Judge and Mrs. Hardin
after the victory at San Jacinto
and were mercifully treated by them.
Born August 27, 1806
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 3516.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, Texas Independence. In addition, it is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments series list. A significant historical date for this entry is August 27, 1806.
Location. 31° 3.081′ N, 97° 27.796′ W. Marker is in Belton, Texas, in Bell County. Marker is on East Avenue E east of South Penelope Street, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Belton TX 76513, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. South Belton Cemetery (within shouting distance of this marker); Confederate Bell County (within shouting distance of this marker); Muehlhause House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Belton Farmers Co-op Gin (approx. ¼ mile away); Site of the Central Manufacturing Co. (approx. ¼ mile away); Bell County Courthouses (approx. 0.3 miles away); Cochran, Blair and Potts Department Store (approx. 0.3 miles away); Patriot Way Brick Walk (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Belton.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 3, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 1, 2020, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. This page has been viewed 214 times since then and 60 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 1, 2020, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas.