Red Oak in Ellis County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
from Navarro County
Organized August 5, 1850
Named in honor of
Richard Ellis, 1781-1846
a Virginian by birth and education
Jurist and statesman of Alabama
Moved to Texas in 1825
President of the Constitutional
Convention, March, 1836
of the Republic of Texas
Waxahachie the county seat
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 7093.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Political Subdivisions. A significant historical month for this entry is March 1836.
Location. 32° 29.243′ N, 96° 49.482′ W. Marker is in Red Oak, Texas, in Ellis County. Marker is on U.S. 77, 0.3 miles south of South Central Boulevard (State Highway 342), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Red Oak TX 75154, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Parsons' Cavalry (within shouting distance of this marker); Red Oak Cemetery (approx. 1.3 Bell's Chapel Cemetery (approx. 2.4 miles away); Graves Cemetery (approx. 3.6 miles away); Ovilla Cemetery (approx. 4.3 miles away); Ovilla (approx. 4˝ miles away); Rutherford's Crossing Bridge (approx. 5.6 miles away); First Baptist Church Of Waxahachie (approx. 5.6 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on July 4, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 4, 2020, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. This page has been viewed 260 times since then and 111 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 4, 2020, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas.