Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Rome in Oneida County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

The Central N.Y. School for the Deaf

 
 
The Central N.Y. School for the Deaf Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Steve Stoessel, July 10, 2020
1. The Central N.Y. School for the Deaf Marker
Inscription.  
Founded Jan. 27, 1875 by Alphonso Johnson, Thomas Gallaudet and Rome citizens.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. A significant historical date for this entry is January 27, 1875.
 
Location. 43° 13.47′ N, 75° 27.326′ W. Marker is in Rome, New York, in Oneida County. Marker is on Turin Street (New York State Route 26) north of North Madison Avenue, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 401 Turin Street, Rome NY 13440, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Jervis Public Library (approx. 0.4 miles away); Jervis Homestead (approx. 0.4 miles away); Jervis Library (approx. 0.4 miles away); Rome Court House (approx. 0.8 miles away); Senator John Fitzgerald Kennedy (approx. 0.8 miles away); Rome (approx. 0.8 miles away); Brigadier General Peter Gansevoort, Jr. (approx. 0.8 miles away); British Trenches (approx. 0.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Rome.
 
Also see . . .
1. Thomas Gallaudet (Wikipedia). (Submitted on July 12, 2020, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York.)
2. NYS School for the Deaf
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
. (Submitted on July 12, 2020, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York.)
 
The New York School for the Deaf image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Steve Stoessel, July 10, 2020
2. The New York School for the Deaf
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on July 13, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 12, 2020, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. This page has been viewed 118 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on July 12, 2020, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=152620

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
U.S. FTC REQUIRED NOTICE: This website earns income from purchases you make after using links to Amazon.com. Thank you.
Paid Advertisements
Mar. 4, 2024