Georgetown in Clear Creek County, Colorado — The American Mountains (Southwest)
McMurdy-Snetzer Building, 1869
Georgetown-Silver Plume National Historic Landmark District
Jacob Snetzer, a tailor, owned the building from 1876 until his death in 1913. Hazel McAdams, owner of the nearby Hotel de Paris, purchased the building in 1926. In 1999 Grace Episcopal Church bought the structure and restored the storefront to its original elegance. The sign over the front door, uncovered during the restoration, has been retained as a reminder of the early history of the building.
The front hall now serves church and community functions.
Erected 2007 by Town of Georgetown and Historic Georgetown, Inc.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Industry & Commerce.
Location. 39° 42.328′ N, 105° 41.782′ W. Marker is in Georgetown, Colorado, in Clear Creek County. Marker is at the intersection of Taos StreetTouch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 414 Taos Street, Georgetown CO 80444, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Forbes Building, ca. 1869 (within shouting distance of this marker); Teal Building, 1875 (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Old Town Jail (about 500 feet away); Cornish House, 1892 (about 600 feet away); Hamill House Museum (about 700 feet away); The Story of the Eisenhower-Johnson Memorial Tunnels (approx. 0.7 miles away); Argentine Central Railway (approx. 1.7 miles away); Berthoud Pass (approx. 7.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Georgetown.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 17, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 16, 2020, by Duane Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 37 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 16, 2020, by Duane Marsteller of Murfreesboro, Tennessee. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.