Near Pflugerville in Travis County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Henry Pfluger, born in Germany in 1803, brought his large family to Texas in 1850. When he died in 1867, he was buried on this tract of land near his home. In 1880 his wife, Christina (1820-97), who is also buried here, set aside the one-acre site as a family cemetery. Their eldest son, Henry (1837-1904), and his descendants have maintained the cemetery, which holds 18 graves. The last burial here was in 1917. The nearby town of Pflugerville (5 mi. W) was named for this pioneer family. Pfluger descendants, today numbering over 2,000, still gather for their annual summer reunions, started in 1934.
Erected 1975 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 14455.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 30° 25.113′ N, 97° 32.961′ W. Marker is near Pflugerville, Texas, in Travis County. Marker can be reached from Cameron Road. The marker is not generally accessible by vehicle. A subdivision under development Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 16442 Cameron Road, Pflugerville TX 78660, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Richland School (approx. 0.9 miles away); St. John Church (approx. one mile away); Bohls House (approx. 3.8 miles away); New Sweden Evangelical Lutheran Church (approx. 3.9 miles away); Immanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church (approx. 4 miles away); Pflugerville (approx. 4.6 miles away); Pflugerville Schools (approx. 4.9 miles away); Manda (approx. 5 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pflugerville.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 17, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 16, 2020, by Richard Denney of Austin, Texas. This page has been viewed 422 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 16, 2020, by Richard Denney of Austin, Texas. • J. Makali Bruton was the editor who published this page.