Franklinton in Washington Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
½ mile west is the site of the Half Moon Bluff Baptist Church, organized in 1812, the first Protestant church in Louisiana outside of New Orleans.
Erected 1951 by The Louisiana Department of Commerce and Industry.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion.
Location. 30° 54.13′ N, 90° 11.234′ W. Marker is in Franklinton, Louisiana, in Washington Parish. Marker is on State Highway 25 half a mile south of Bateman Road, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Franklinton LA 70438, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 6 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. John Bickham (approx. 4.4 miles away); To The Sacred Memory (approx. 4.4 miles away); First School Washington Parish (approx. 6.1 miles away); Old Choctaw Trail (approx. 9.3 miles away); Parish Courthouse (approx. 10 miles away); Walthall County Training School (approx. 11.9 miles away in Mississippi).
Credits. This page was last revised on July 19, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 19, 2020, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 52 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 19, 2020, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana.