Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”

Trenton in Gilchrist County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
 

John Franklin Beach, Sr.

 
 
John Franklin Beach, Sr. Marker image. Click for full size.
By Cosmos Mariner, November 15, 2018
1. John Franklin Beach, Sr. Marker
Inscription.  
On behalf of the Gilchrist County Board Of County
Commissioners and the Citizens Of Gilchrist County,
this building is dedicated in the memory of
John Franklin Beach, Sr.
for his lifelong commitment to his church and his
community, through the expertise and creativity
in constructing this building in 1936 which was
the home of the Trenton Church of Christ until 2002.

March 17, 2003
Sue B. Suggs, District I • Mitchell Gentry, District II
Randy Durden, Chairman
District III
Tommy Langford, District IV • Wilbur Bush, District V

 
Erected 2003 by Gilchrist County Board Of County Commissioners.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Charity & Public WorkChurches & Religion.
 
Location. 29° 36.745′ N, 82° 49.09′ W. Marker is in Trenton, Florida, in Gilchrist County. Marker is on South Main Street (U.S. 129) just south of Southeast 1st Avenue, on the right when traveling north. Marker is mounted atop a granite pedestal located
John Franklin Beach, Sr. Marker image. Click for full size.
By Cosmos Mariner, November 15, 2018
2. John Franklin Beach, Sr. Marker
directly in front of the subject building. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 220 South Main Street, Trenton FL 32693, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 14 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Crystal Ice House (approx. ¼ mile away); Trenton's Compass Rose (approx. 0.3 miles away); Coca Cola Bottling Plant (approx. 0.3 miles away); Fanning Springs Bridge (approx. 7.2 miles away); The History of Fort Fanning (approx. 7.2 miles away); Oldtown (approx. 9.9 miles away); Little Red Schoolhouse (approx. 12.4 miles away); Fletcher Community (approx. 13.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Trenton.
 
Also see . . .  Trenton Church of Christ (Wikipedia). The old Trenton Church of Christ is an historic one-story Church of Christ church building. It was built in 1920 of "Florida field limestone, rubble masonry, with brick quoins at openings, arched windows, triple-arched entry porch." This historic church building has been adapted for use for meetings of the Gilchrist County Board of County Commissioners. (Submitted on July 19, 2020, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.) 
 
Former Trenton Church of Christ image. Click for full size.
By Cosmos Mariner, November 15, 2018
3. Former Trenton Church of Christ
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on July 19, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 19, 2020, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 55 times since then. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on July 19, 2020, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.
Paid Advertisement
Jan. 18, 2021