Florence in Lauderdale County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Edward A. O'Neal Home
Home of the Father-Son Governors
Erected 1971 by Alabama Historical Commission.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Government & Politics • War, US Civil. A significant historical year for this entry is 1857.
Location. 34° 48.307′ N, 87° 40.734′ W. Marker is in Florence, Alabama, in Lauderdale County. Marker is on North Court Street, 0.1 miles north of Hermitage Drive, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 468 N Court St, Florence AL 35630, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Simpson House~Irvine Place~Coby Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); Courtview, Rogers Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); Sannoner Historic District Seminary - O'Neal Historic District (about 500 feet away); Pope's Tavern (about 600 feet away); Pope's Tavern Museum (about 600 feet away); Sannoner Historic District Medical Arts Building (about 700 feet away); Colonel Pickett Place (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Florence.
More about this marker. House is owned by the O'Neal family and is now used as offices of the Muscle Shoals National Heritage Area.
Also see . . . Wikipedia article on Edward A. O'Neal. (Submitted on July 20, 2020, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Credits. This page was last revised on July 20, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 20, 2020, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 554 times since then and 201 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 20, 2020, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.