First Presbyterian Church of Danville, 1875
“The Handsomest Church in the County"
The original building on this site was presided
by Reverend R.S. Symington who was the first
minister. The popular church served the
community from 1875 until 1932 when it burned
to the ground. It was rebuilt during the Great
Depression for $4,500, then served as a church,
youth center and later a school. The Town
purchased and restored the building in 1989
where it now serves as the Town Meeting Hall.
Erected 2017 by Danville Heritage Resource Commission.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion.
Location. 37° 49.288′ N, 121° 59.875′ W. Marker is in Danville, California, in Contra Costa County. Marker is on Front Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 201 Front Street, Danville CA 94526, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Danville Grammar School (within shouting distance of this marker); The Grange and Fraternal Hall (1874) (within shouting distance of this marker); Cohen-Vecki House (about 300 feet away,
More about this marker. This property is Danville Heritage Resource No. 7.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 20, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 20, 2020, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 51 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 20, 2020, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.