Old Napa Register Building, 1905
This building was designed by Napa's leading architect of the time, Luther M. Turton. The structure was built for use by the Napa Register, the City's oldest newspaper in continuous operation.
Built in 1905, this building
was the first home of the
The historic building
survived the Great
Earthquake of 1906 and
the 2000 Yountville
Earthquake. Following the
Napa Earthquake of 2014,
the building was purchased and
restored by the grapegrower
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Communications. A significant historical year for this entry is 1905.
Location. 38° 17.912′ N, 122° 17.225′ W. Marker is in Napa, California, in Napa County. Marker is at the intersection of Coombs Street and Coombs Street, on the left when traveling north on Coombs Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1005 Coombs Street, Napa CA 94559, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Native Sons Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); Mural #2 - Napa Early in the 20th Century
Also see . . . NRHP Nomination form for the Old Napa Register Building. (Submitted on July 23, 2020.)
Credits. This page was last revised on July 23, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 23, 2020, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 49 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 23, 2020, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.