Marcellus in Onondaga County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Site of Tavern
Site of tavern kept by Deacon Samuel Rice 1800. First church services were held here, also town meeting.
Erected 1941 by State Education Department.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce. A significant historical year for this entry is 1800.
Location. 42° 58.941′ N, 76° 20.443′ W. Marker is in Marcellus, New York, in Onondaga County. Marker is at the intersection of West Main Street and South Street, on the right when traveling east on West Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 18 W Main St, Marcellus NY 13108, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Marcellus World Wars Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Site of First Church Edifice (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Great Genesee Road (about 500 feet away); Site of Old Hotel (about 500 feet away); Village Cemetery (about 600 feet away); Site of First Frame House (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Sawmill (approx. 0.2 miles away); Steadman House (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Marcellus.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 28, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 27, 2020, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. This page has been viewed 67 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 27, 2020, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.